Self Adjusting Electric Brake is 12" x 2". Brake pads are made of durable friction material for improved braking and longevity. E-Coated backing plate resists rust. Fits 12-1/2", 15", 16" & 16-1/2" wheels.
- Product # AX-K12-1218-CH
- Weight: 14.68 lbs./ 6.66 kg.
- Electric Brakes are easier to install and offer more user control than hydraulic brakes. Requires only an electric brake controller, no actuator or hydraulic lines necessary.
- Automotive-grade friction material is molded to brake shoes.
- Pads are fully bonded-not riveted-to shoes for long life and more braking torque.
- Less chance of cracking and crumbling that can lead to mechanical lockup, thanks to tapered edge and circular grinding
- Fine-tooth brake adjustment gear allows for a more precise setting
- E-Coated backing plate resists wear and corrosion
- Adjuster plugs (included) cover access holes to keep dirt and grime out of the assembly and off of the shoes
- Mounting Bolts and Hardware (BRKH12S) sold separately
- QAI and CSA Certified
- Application: most standard hub-and-drum assemblies, including Dexter, Lippert (LCI), and AL-KO
- Mounting Flange Bolt Pattern: 5 Bolt
- Axle Rating: 5,200 lbs, 6,000 lbs & 7,000 lbs
- Standard brake assemblies require manual adjustment of the brake shoes over time to provide longer-lasting and more efficient braking performance. With self-adjusting brakes, the brake shoes are always properly aligned, so there's no need to manually adjust the brakes after the initial adjustment. As a result, you get optimum performance without having to take the time to continually perform this type of maintenance.
- This brake assembly meets the requirements for certification by the Canadian Standard Association (CSA).
- Each shoe on this brake assembly is lined with automotive grade friction material for improved stopping performance and longevity. The friction material is fully bonded onto the surface of the brake shoe.
- Diameter: 12-in.
- Width: 2-in.
- Wheel Size: 14-1/2in. 15-in. 16-in. 16-1/2-in.
For use with this product
The cost of shipping depends on the weight of your order, your address, and speed of delivery. Cost of shipping is calculated during checkout. Currently, we only ship to addresses within Canada from our online store. We use Purolator, Loomis, and FedEx. If you would like to use an alternative carrier, please contact us. If you are located outside of Canada, please contact us and we would be happy to put together a customized shipping quote.
Curbside/store pick-up is available at checkout. By selecting this option, you are agreeing to pick up your order from our location in Acheson (click here for directions). If you choose this option, we will follow up with pick-up instructions within 1-2 business days, excluding statutory holidays.
- We fulfill orders Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm MST
- To confirm order and schedule shipping, we require up to 2 business days, excluding statutory holidays
- Shipping depends on where you are located within Canada:
- BC, AB, SK: 3 to 4 business days once order is confirmed*
- MB, ON, QC: 5 to 6 business days once order is confirmed*
- Maritimes: 7 to 8 business days once order is confirmed*
- Territories: 10 - 14 business days once order is confirmed*
We have a 30-day return policy, which means you have 30 days after receiving your item to request a return.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that you received it, unworn or unused, and in its original packaging. You’ll also need the receipt or proof of purchase.
To start a return, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your return is accepted, you will be responsible for return shipping costs. Items sent back to us without first requesting a return will not be accepted.
You can always contact us for any return question at email@example.com.
Damages and issues
Please inspect your order upon reception and contact us immediately if the item is defective, damaged or if you receive the wrong item, so that we can evaluate the issue and make it right.
Exceptions / non-returnable items
All sales are final on custom orders and electrical parts. We also do not accept returns for hazardous materials, flammable liquids, or gases. Please get in touch if you have questions or concerns about your specific item.
The fastest way to ensure you get what you want is to return the item you have, and once the return is accepted, make a separate purchase for the new item.
We will notify you once we’ve received and inspected your return, and let you know if the refund was approved or not. If approved, you’ll be automatically refunded on your original payment method. Please remember it can take some time for your bank or credit card company to process and post the refund too.
Warranty on parts is subject to manufacturer warranty policies. Warranty returns will not be used as credit for replacement parts. Any credits approved (in whole or in part) by the manufacturer will be refunded on your original payment.
Don't See What You're Looking For?
We stock and have access to a wide variety of heavy truck and trailer parts, both new and used. If you don't see what you're looking for, get in touch today and we would be happy to help.
Save on the Shipping and Pick Your Parts up in Store
Pick your order up at our convenient location in the Acheson Industrial Area, 5 minutes west of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Our yard is large and provides easy in and out access.
Your One-Stop Heavy Truck & Trailer Shop
We have a well-stocked yard of both new and used trucks and trailers, a full retail parts department, a trailer rental fleet, and a complete service department focusing on trailer repairs of all kinds, as well as trucks. We also specialize in consignment options and offer finance solutions.